“Contributors” refers to user roles such as “Contributors” and “Supporting Contributors.”
“We”, “Us”, and “Administrator(s)” refers to “Easton Park Wiki” and/or “Ominous Glow Cloud LLC.”
“Website” will refer to Easton Park Wiki unless otherwise stated.
All content submitted by Contributors and Administrators are reviewed by Administrators prior to publication. Editorial procedures are meant to ensure that profane material, opinions, and several other prohibited content is not published. Please see the Contributor Polices & Guidelines for a list of policies.
All content is provided as-is and Easton Park Wiki provides no warranty. Contributors have the capabilities to revise or create new articles. Content is provided by Administrators and volunteers serving as Contributors and Supporting Contributors.
Content on this website may not be reproduced without permission.
The Easton Park Wiki is for general audiences and provides general information. At no time is any information considered professional advice.
Certain activities, whether legal or illegal, may be harmful to other users and violate our rules, and some activities may also subject you to liability. Therefore, for your own protection and for that of other users, you may not engage in such activities on our sites. These activities include:
Harassing and Abusing Others
- Engaging in harassment, threats, stalking, spamming, or vandalism; and
- Transmitting chain mail, junk mail, or spam to other users.
Violating the Privacy of Others
- Infringing the privacy rights of others under the laws of the United States of America or other applicable laws (which may include the laws where you live or where you view or edit content);
- Soliciting personally identifiable information for purposes of harassment, exploitation, violation of privacy, or any promotional or commercial purpose not explicitly approved by the Wikimedia Foundation; and
- Soliciting personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 for an illegal purpose or violating any applicable law regarding the health or well-being of minors.
Engaging in False Statements, Impersonation, or Fraud
- Intentionally or knowingly posting content that constitutes libel or defamation;
- With the intent to deceive, posting content that is false or inaccurate;
- Attempting to impersonate another user or individual, misrepresenting your affiliation with any individual or entity, or using the username of another user with the intent to deceive; and
- Engaging in fraud.
- Infringing copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other proprietary rights under applicable law.
Misusing Our Services for Other Illegal Purposes
- Posting child pornography or any other content that violates applicable law concerning child pornography;
- Posting or trafficking in obscene material that is unlawful under applicable law; and
- Using the services in a manner that is inconsistent with applicable law.
Engaging in Disruptive and Illegal Misuse of Facilities
- Posting or distributing content that contains any viruses, malware, worms, Trojan horses, malicious code, or other device that could harm our technical infrastructure or system or that of our users;
- Engaging in automated uses of the site that are abusive or disruptive of the services and have not been approved by the Easton Park Wiki;
- Disrupting the services by placing an undue burden on this website or the networks or servers connected with the website;
- Disrupting the services by inundating any of the website with communications or other traffic that suggests no serious intent to use the website for its stated purpose;
- Knowingly accessing, tampering with, or using any of our non-public areas in our computer systems without authorization; and
- Probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any of our technical systems or networks unless all the following conditions are met:
- such actions do not unduly abuse or disrupt our technical systems or networks;
- such actions are not for personal gain (except for credit for your work);
- you report any vulnerabilities to Easton Park Wiki developers (or fix it yourself); and
- you do not undertake such actions with malicious or destructive intent.
Paid contributions without disclosure
At no time is a Contributor allowed to post content in which compensation has been made to procure and publish content.
We reserve the right to exercise our enforcement discretion with respect to the above terms.
Contributors are responsible for their account’s password and it should not be disclosed to any other person(s) or third-party.
Content refers to text, graphics, illustrations, photography, animated images, audio and video.
When uploading content, please remember to unsure the materials have the proper copyright permissions to be added to the website.
Contributors who upload content to the website where they are the creators and/or copyright holders are granting Easton Park Wiki exclusive right, full permission, and license to use said content throughout the website in perpetuity. The copyright owner maintains full ownership and license of the media. Easton Park Wiki retains usage rights on this website.
It is Easton Park Wiki and Ominous Glow Cloud LLC’s goal to ensure that all content is not infringing on others’ intellectual property rights. All notices for DMCA Compliance will comply with the formalities to ensure each notice is valid. Once validated, the offending content(s) will be removed per the notice. If this occurs, a copy of the DMCA notice will be posted on the page(s) for transparency.
It is Easton Park Wiki’s goal to provide a superb experience for Easton Park residents to have a central knowledge base regarding their community. This website’s content is provided at no charge to any individual.
Contributors and Supporting Contributors are welcome to stop using our services at anytime. All accounts will always be open, but access may be restricted due to: (1) request by Contributor, (2) Suspension or Ban, and/or (3) no longer a valid resident of Easton Park. Accounts will never be deleted to ensure the historical evolution of each article.
Third-party Websites and Resources
You are solely responsible for your use of any third-party websites or resources. Although this website contains links to third-party websites and resources, we do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for their availability, accuracy, or the related content, products, or services (including, without limitation, any viruses or other disabling features), nor do we have any obligation to monitor such third-party content.
Management of Websites
In an unusual case, the need may arise, or the community may ask us, to address an especially problematic user because of significant disturbance or dangerous behavior. In such cases, we reserve the right, but do not have the obligation to:
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues or respond to user support requests;
- Manage otherwise the website in a manner designed to facilitate their proper functioning and protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and our users, licensors, partners, and the public.
The Easton Park Wiki and its Administrators may also take action including but not limited to warning, investigating, blocking, or banning users who violate those policies. You agree to comply with the final decision.
Modifications to these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to alter these Terms and Conditions at anytime. Contributors and former Contributors will receive notification by email that these Terms and Conditions have been updated.
Administrators will provide disclaimers and notifications when deemed necessary.
The inherent goal of the Easton Park Wiki is to provide educational and informational content to residents and future residents of Easton Park, Austin, TX. Your use of our services is at your sole risk. We provide these services on an “as is” and “as available” basis, and we expressly disclaim all express or implied warranties of all kinds, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We make no warranty that our services will meet your requirements, be safe, secure, uninterrupted, timely, accurate, or error-free, or that your information will be secure.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through your use of our services is done at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any content or communication maintained by the service. We retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time with or without notice.
Some states or jurisdictions do not allow the types of disclaimers in this section, so they may not apply to you either in part or in full depending on the law.
Limitation on Liability
Easton Park Wiki and Ominous Glow Cloud LLC. will not be liable to you or to any other party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses, regardless of whether we were advised of the possibility of such damage. In no event shall our liability exceed one thousand U.S. dollars (USD 1000.00) in aggregate. In the case that applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you, although our liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
There is no implied or assumed employment by any user, visitor, or Contributor to Easton Park Wiki.
You understand that, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by us, you have no expectation of compensation for any activity, contribution, or idea that you provide to us, the community, or the Easton Park Wiki or Ominous Glow Cloud LLC.
Updated on July 19, 2021